Active Harmonic Filter
Power Survey offers an active harmonic filter (AHF) that automatically determines the existence of harmonic currents across the frequency spectrum and creates “anti-currents” to reduce the harmonics to acceptable levels. The AHF cancels the entire spectrum of damaging harmonic currents at the point of connection.
Unlike passive filters, AHFs do not require a pre-study of the circuit’s harmonic currents to affect the design of the filter.
Typical applications include locations with large amounts of non-linear loads including 6- and 12-pulse variable frequency drives, DC drives, as well as other switch-mode power supply equipment.
Active Harmonic Filter General Specifications
- 100A to 300A modules
- 480Vac to 690Vac, without transformer
- Wall-mount or stand-alone
- Modules without enclosure for integration into drive lin-up and MCC
Benefits of an Active Harmonic Filter
- Reduced production disturbances
- Lower carbon dioxide emissions through improved energy efficiency
- Lower current consumption and increased production stability
- Increased equipment lifetime
- Lower operating costs
- Reduces heat and wear on motors, drives, and other equipment
- Fast enough to follow today’s dynamic loads (response time < 1 ms)
- Automatically adapts to changes in load or installation
- Reduces current and voltage harmonics